Friday, July 2, 2010

My Coffee Date Dress

skate it away competition20100630972

I saw this free dress pattern from The Selfish Seamstress a couple of months back, and really loved the whole ruffled dress look. Of course, since I never made anything out of a pattern before, I was totally lost and did not know how to make it!

Enter grosgrain and her fabulous Frock by Friday series… it just so happened that she was making this dress and so I finally got my chance to make it :) The instructions were all really easy to follow, along with the pictures and I put it together in no time at all.

I think I have to hone my zipper skills though… the back looks kinda weird upon close inspection. Oh well. First dress from a pattern… complete! Yay :)

I made my sister model for me yet again… and now she wants me to make one for her too, after seeing how well it fit her.

skate it away competition20100630971

skate it away competition20100630973

No comments:

Post a Comment